NOS Development and Integration
Our custom developed SDN solutions offer semiconductor businesses and OEMs – both white box and proprietary platform vendors – the ability to integrate their products with popular and emerging open source NOSes (SONiC/SAI, Stratum; previous experience with FBOSS, OPX) and commercial software stacks. We also help customers build their own products by developing a custom NOS to meet their specific network requirements.
SDN Solutions: Northbound Interface Implementation
We help switch and NIC vendors to implement Northbound protocols (OpenFlow, P4RT, NETCONF) for their hardware to be operated in a software-defined networking environment (ODL, ONOS) and integrate it with a particular management plane (SDN controller). We also extend the Southbound interfaces and develop controller applications to enable configuration of a network element’s specific features (tunneling, encapsulation).
Network Software Acceleration on NIC
By enabling the support of various control stack technologies for their product, we help SmartNIC vendors expand the number of use cases and win new business with Telco and Cloud providers. The custom SDN solutions we develop enable NIC integration and control on several levels: OS and drivers, frameworks and technologies (OvS, DPDK, P4, SR-IOV) and network focused applications (VNFs, virtualized fabrics used in CORD/Trellis/ONOS; OpenStack).
"We’re happy with their output and the quality of their work. They have a methodical, design-oriented approach to solving problems. They use a product development perspective rather than just executing what you tell them."
Director of Software Engineering, Networking Firm
Embedded Networking expertise
An ONF member and contributor to Stratum Project, PLVision has profound experience with popular merchant switch silicons (Broadcom XGS, DNX families, Intel, Mellanox, Cavium, Barefoot). This ensures deep understanding of typical risks of network software development cycle, helping us implement complex scenarios and produce predictable results for our customers.
- Wide range of Layer 2, Layer 3 and OpenFlow protocol stack development (Ethernet, LLDP, VLAN, MPLS, BGP, RSTP, OSPF, IPv4 & IPv6);
- Overlay network protocols implementation (VXLAN, GRE, NVGRE);
- Third party network stack protocols integration (Quagga, OpenSwitch, MetaSwitch, Aricent);
- switchdev development.
- BSP and SDK development and integration;
- Embedded software development for SoC, NPU and FPGA;
- Firmware Engineering: Enterprise and Datacenter network equipment;
- Linux integration, drivers development, white-box platform integration (SONiC/SAI, FBOSS, OPX);
- Ethernet switch silicon and network processor integration.
- DPDK, SR-IOV;
- Open vSwitch, Open vNetwork, OPS;
- Hardware offload and VNF acceleration;
- OpenStack, OPNFV;
- OpenDaylight, ONOS;
- P4, P4Runtime;
- North-bound API and Cloud integration;
- North-bound/south-bound interface implementation (OpenFlow, P4RT, NETCONF);
- Libraries, drivers, APIs development (for opensource and proprietary NOSes);
- SDN application and controller development;
- Management and orchestration;
- Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Containers.
- OS and drivers, frameworks and technologies:
- Network focused applications:
- Virtualized fabrics used in CORD/Trellis/ONOS;
P4 is among the hottest items on networking industry's agenda. In contrast to OpenFlow, it takes network switch management to the next level by bringing programmability to the forwarding plane. PLVision has been applying P4 language in several projects, including one for a large global semiconductor vendor.
Start winning new markets for your product today!
Contact us to find out how our expertise can help you activate more addressable market for your product.