DPDK is a user-space software library that provides considerable speed improvements via:
- Avoiding latency caused by copying through kernel space
- Replacing interrupts with polling
- Using HW-optimized features (batch mode, SSE, NUMA).
Having preserved full functionality of Ostinato in this implementation, we have been able to achieve the following traffic improvements:
- 10G full rate TX on any packet size
- 10G full rate TX/RX on packet size starting from 128B
- 10G full rate RX/Capture on packet size starting from 256B.
Latest posts by Oleksandr Valevskyy (see all)
- Demo & Download: Open Source SDN Solution for Dynamic Topology Switchover - August 17, 2017
- DPDK-NGINX vs NGINX: Tech Overview and Performance Testing - June 8, 2016
- OpenDaylight-Based Traffic Steering for Web Server Load Balancing: PoC - April 19, 2016