Key technologies for the Internet of Things
The Internet of Things technology is disrupting businesses all over the world, providing significant cost savings on the operational side, new digital business services, and increased customer engagement. It connects a multitude of devices into a single, “smart” network.
The IoT is interconnected with Embedded Systems, communication technologies, sensor networks, Internet protocols and applications, as well as Big Data, Cloud Systems and fog computing.
PLVision’s technology competence covers all major areas to build advanced, innovative IoT solutions, helping you drive your business forward through digital transformation.
Designing the architecture for IoT solutions
PLVision’s main strength is in-depth, cross-domain expertise in Internet of Things, Software-Defined Networking, Embedded Systems, and Cloud Computing, allowing us to provide top-notch custom IoT solutions and consultancy.
- Boards and processors: Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP8266
- CPU Architectures: ARM, MIPS, x86
- CPU Vendors: STM32, Broadcom, TI, Freescale, Intel
- Low level: Hardware design, peripherals and sensors integration, firmware engineering
- Industrial design and compliance certification
- Wireless: WiFi, BLE, ZigBee, NFC, RFID
- Protocols: STOMP, MQTT, ZeroMQ, web sockets, push notifications, custom protocols design
- Industrial networking: Modbus, GOOSE, CIP, MRP, PROFINET, CAN, Industrial Ethernet, ARCNET, BACNet
- IoT gateways: connectivity software (firmware) development, data pre-processing and normalization
- Embedded Linux: Yocto, OpenWRT, Debian, Ubuntu
- API design for cloud integration
- Asset performance management
- Data aggregation and processing
- IoT applications: location monitoring, alarms and notifications, performance measurement
- ERP integration
- Own IoT Platform – IQoT – customizable, lightweight, cloud-agnostic IoT solution accelerator.
- Infrastructure: Azure, Amazon, Google, Etherios, EVRYTHNG, Arrayent, Kubernetes, OpenStack
- Platforms: Predix, Cloud Foundry, BOSCH, Intel, PTC ThingWorx, Predix
- Web front-end applications
- Cross-platform Mobile User Interface
- Embedded User Interface
Considering IoT adoption, or struggling to get tangible benefits from IoT? Push the limits of your devices and speed up your digital transformation up to 50% with IQoT, PLVision's Industrial IoT platform.
The features and benefits of IoT solutions
Interested in any of these IoT solution features? Click to expand and learn how they can bring your product to the next level.
- Enable zero time provisioning. Minimal user intervention is required to get a device up and running in the system. The device connects to a gateway, a cloud platform and a mobile application.
- Perform device onboarding to an IoT platform. Every device gets a unique ID to identify itself and keep record of their status and activities.
- Location and logistics management. Monitoring where a device is located and providing understanding how each device perform
- Software versioning and secure signing. Make sure IoT devices are running the latest software, protect them from malicious software with digital signs.
- Software updates distribution. Automatically scale up infrastructure to support massive updates of up to 100 000 devices in parallel. Every customer gets their device updated with the most recent software version in time.
- Device configuration management. Migrate device configurations along with software versions updates. Keep cloud backup of user configuration to automatically restore device operations in emergency cases.
- Firmware rollback to a previous version. Bad things happen. Everyone should have a plan B. In case of a failed update or software issues, devices can fall back to a previous version in order to keep operating. You can arrange downgrade on demand if a critical problem is found in a new firmware version.
Most of IoT devices have constrained computing and communications capabilities. You need to use a mediator to help them communicate with the rest of the IoT platform. A cloud gateway enables:
- Intelligent data proxying. Collect data from IoT devices. Understand their language and translate it to the language your cloud system can comprehend (aggregate and normalize data). Reduce the load on the communication infrastructure by caching historical data from IoT devices and arranging batch delivery to the cloud.
- IoT applications on the edge. A gateway provides computing resources to run mission critical applications close to IoT devices. No need to wait for the cloud to think and make decisions. Get critical pieces of IoT decision-making loop running right next to the IoT device.
- Extend cloud processing power to the edge. Offload heavy workloads to the IoT cloud and transparently attach them to the gateway to increase data processing capabilities of edge IoT applications.
- Security and access control
- Events processing pipelines
- Dashboards and control portals
- Data visualization
- Effective data accumulation
- Integration with various storage technologies
- Providing interface for data analytics systems
- Notification alerts
- Cloud connectors (device data, storage, analytics)
IoT Case Studies
Get IoT technology expert consultation
Contact us to get a quick assessment on how custom Internet of Things solution development can enhance your production
IoT & Embedded Solutions Architect