Client Profile and Business Need
- The Client is a leading, US-based semiconductor company, pursuing a new market share of white box clients.
- SwitchDev driver’s availability from the ASIC vendor enables end users to deploy their choice of a supporting Linux-based OS on their networking platform. As a result, they can eliminate the vendor lock-in of proprietary systems. This change enables cost-efficiency throughout the supply chain while making the product applicable and affordable for a wide range of industries–ranging from ROBO, SMB, and SOHO, up to enterprise data centers.
- The Client aspired to grow their business in the white-box market. To strengthen the Client’s position, their switch silicon product needed to be complemented with specific open-source software.
- The implemented SwitchDev driver for the Client’s switch silicon family supports Dent OS, targeted at Enterprise Edge use cases, on white-box platforms.
Download the Case Study to learn about:
- The project’s technical complexity, as well as its highlights and stages
- Success factors of the SwitchDev driver implementation along with the required experience and background for a service partner
- Collaboration specifics with open-source communities within the project
- Deliverables and business benefits obtained by the Client and their end users due to the SwitchDev driver’s availability.
Get your PDF now!
Please fill out the fields to download the case study.
Login to download