The benefits of using open-source software for a switching or routing product are well-known, but which should you choose from the many available options? Based on PLVision’s experience, we’ve put together a comprehensive and detailed guide for you, covering the three most popular open systems in the industry.
In this white paper, SONiC, Stratum and the Switchdev-based DentOS are analyzed in terms of internal design, supported features, and degree of industry adoption.
- Open Networking: Its Concept and Benefits
- The Choice of Open NOSes: SONiC, Stratum, and DentOS
- SONiC: The Data Center Beast
- Stratum: The Next-Gen SDN Engine
- DentOS: The Linux Kernel Creature
- Conclusion: Which Open NOS to Choose
- The Open NOS Characteristic Comparison Table
Explore PLVision’s new white paper, diving deep into the conquest of the enterprise realm by SONiC and DentOS in 2023. Learn how these NOSes differ in terms of functionalities, hardware requirements, target markets, and potential for future wide-scale adoption.
Get your white paper now!
Please fill out the fields to download PDF.