SONiC 101 Training from SONiC Networking Experts
We can help you ensure that your engineers have the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively manage the SONiC in your new network infrastructure. PLVision’s SONiC course includes 5 days of intensive networking system operator training and hands-on labs covering the basics of disaggregated networking, SONiC fundamentals and user perspective, key feature configuration and typical DC use cases. It is a B2B training priced per group and conducted exclusively for a team from your organization.
As a neutral party in the SONiC ecosystem, PLVision is focused on SONiC’s Community version so you can gain the most benefit from open-source software and avoid the drawbacks of SONiC’s commercial incarnations and vendor lock-in. With our experience integrating SONiC with numerous switching silicon SDKs, we have a clear understanding of how it works on a variety of platforms and will equip you with valuable insights to smoothly operate your SONiC-based network.
What we offer in SONiC 101
- Deep-dive, specialized group training for your SONiC operators or your clients’ network engineer teams that includes hands-on labs to provide practical experience;
- Live online training led by SONiC experts, rather than a set of pre-recorded, generic sessions;
- Interactive communication with our instructors during the training process, an opportunity to consult and ask specific questions regarding your use case.
- Access to presentations, video materials, and practical exercises through our user-friendly educational platform.
What our SONiC Network Operating System training covers
Designed for network professionals, PLVision’s SONiC 101 course provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of Software for Open Networking in the Cloud (SONiC) and its features as well as the skills necessary to deploy and operate SONiC in data center environments. Starting with the basics of disaggregated networking, SAI, and Redis, we will introduce your network engineers, administrators, and architects to SONiC and its typical deployment scenarios.
PLVision’s course covers the installation, configuration, and customization of SONiC . Participants will explore key features, network configuration approaches, redundancy provisioning, network address translation, quality of service, EVPN/VXLAN, and troubleshooting and monitoring.
Participants will master:
- The installation and configuration of SONiC, including hardware and software requirements, installation procedures, and post-installation configuration.
- The fundamentals of SONiC, including its architecture, features, and benefits.
- Networking configuration basics, including VLANs, interfaces, and routing protocols.
- Redundancy features in SONiC, such as link aggregation and Multichassis Link Aggregation (MC-LAG).
- Network Address Translation (NAT), Quality of Service (QoS), and EVPN/VXLAN configuration.
- Packet prioritization and bandwidth allocation.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of SONiC, including identifying and resolving common issues.
- Customization of SONiC to meet specific requirements.
up to 8 people from one organization
Backed by our solid experience in SONiC and open networking, we have identified the most pressing SONiC adoption needs of the market today and created a proven program to address them.
SONiC Networking Fundamentals & Internals Part 1
- Disaggregated Networking
- Switch Abstraction Interface
- Software for Open Networking
- Microservices Architecture
- Inter-services Communication
- Redis Basics
SONiC Networking Fundamentals & Internals Part 2
- SONiC Platform Abstraction
- SONiC Network Abstraction
- Control Plane Workflow
- SONiC Virtual Switch
- Accessing the Switch
- First Login
SONiC Installation and Configuration
- SONiC installation methods
- Installation via ONIE loader
- Installation via SONiC installer
- Configuration Methods
- Basic Configuration (Mgmt IP, Host Name, Mgmt VRF)
- Configuration Persistenc
- In-service Upgrade
Networking Configuration Basics
- Port Configuration
- Basic L2 Configuration
- Basic L3 Configuration
- Basic BGP Configuration
- DHCP Relay
- ACL Configuration
- L3 multi-path
- MC-LAG Basics
- MC-LAG L3 Scenario
- MC-LAG L2 Scenario
Network Address Translation
- Introduction to NAT
- NAT Use Cases
- Static NAT Configuration
- Dynamic NAT Configuration
Quality of Services
- Introduction to QoS
- Traffic Classification
- Traffic Limiting
- PFC Configuratio
- BUM Storm Control
- Introduction to VXLAN
- Introduction to EVPN
- BGP underlay
- BGP overlay
SONiC Troubleshooting & Monitoring
- System Logging
- SONiC System Health
- SONiC techsupport & autotechsupport
- Critical Resource Monitoring
- Traffic Sampling
- Traffic Mirroring
- Feature Control
- SONiC Applications Extensions
- Control Plane Policing Fine Tuning
- Custom Factory Default Configuration
- Zero Touch Provisioning
Contact us for SONiC Networking Training
Share your SONiC adoption stage, use case, and team size with us, and we will provide more training details to address your needs.