The project included integration of customer’s legacy Networking equipment product family with innovative SDN technologies, to radically decrease O&M costs, increase performance, and provide advanced data center Network management.
Leading manufacturer of high performance network equipment and ASICs
- Development of large-scale product with highly complex system architecture
- Need to enable support for multiple hardware platforms (product family).
- Implemented SDN controller compatibility
- Enabled multiple virtual switch operation modes
- Developed a XMLRPC-based custom North-Bound API
- Enabled automated template-based code generation, proving change control and API data model consistency.
- Reduced software engineering cost via successful implementation of single software platform for several customer-specific products
- Implemented flexible and easy-to-maintain North-Bound API, thus minimizing O&M effort and complexity
- Enabled backward compatibility via implementation of traditional management interfaces (SNMP, CLI, netconf, WebUI, Chassis and Rack management).