Addressing your business needs with turnkey software solution engineering
Looking for a trusted technological partner to enable and demonstrate the capabilities of your network chip – switch silicon, SoC, NPU or FPGA? Whether you need to win a potential business opportunity, join an opensource community or enter a new market vertical, PLVision can help you quickly and cost-effectively deliver turnkey solutions on a fixed budget, bridging your hardware product with software.
Based on your business goals, your custom Network software solution may include the following components:
- PoC/MVP/Quick Demo development
- Protocol development
- Hardware platform adaptation
- Drivers development
- UI/UX development
- Third party software platforms integration
"We’re happy with their output and the quality of their work. They have a methodical, design-oriented approach to solving problems. They use a product development perspective rather than just executing what you tell them."
Director of Software Engineering, Networking Firm
Customer Success Stories
The Customer, an international datacenter equipment vendor, needed to reinforce their leading market position in the network ASIC segment. The Customer required to extend their hardware platform with innovative Web UI with extremely low memory footprint and speed requirements. PLVision was entrusted with this task due to our in-depth expertise in L2-L3 Network development.
- In 1 week PLVision developed initial solution prototype based on interface pages auto-generation from XML files. Low size and memory was achieved by excluding external frameworks and applications from the solution.
- In 1 month we presented an MVP with core features of the solution up and running.
- In 3 months the Customer obtained a fixed-scope ready-to-use network switch Web UI.
The cost effective solution allowed to cut end-customers’ network maintenance OPEX by 30% due to reduced time and effort required for switch configuration via the innovative Web UI. PLVision’s solution enabled the Customer to sell a bundled Network package comprising hardware platform and innovative custom Web UI.
The Customer, a global Networking ASIC vendor, had a need to extend the set of their network product use cases to implement an L2 solution for real-time multimedia data streaming. Existing L3-L4 solutions did not match the Customer’s technical requirements, therefore it was decided to use L2 protocols (AVB, Ethernet). The project required developing different layers of software in parallel due to extremely aggressive development schedule based on expected time-to-market.
- In 1 month PLVision fully assessed the capabilities of existing merchant switch silicon and proprietary network platform architecture, as well as created a refactoring plan to meet the technical requirements of the solution.
- In 2 months the solution prototype was developed based on Audio Video Bridging protocol stack and Customer’s proprietary network platform.
- In 4 months the Customer was able to successfully demonstrate the solution to the end-customer during the first on-site demo.
- In 6 months the fully functional turnkey Networking solution has passed compliance testing and was market-ready.
Thanks to PLVision’s solution, the Customer was able to launch the product to market on-time, and on-budget. As a result, their market share increased by 27% as compared to the previous year.
Explore P4 - one of the hottest trends in Networking! In contrast to OpenFlow, it takes network switch management to the next level by bringing programmability to the forwarding plane. PLVision has already started applying P4 programming in a Networking project for a large global semiconductor vendor.
Embedded Networking expertise
Our profound experience with four merchant switch silicon families (Broadcom, Intel, Cavium and Mellanox chips) ensures deep understanding of typical risks of network software development cycle, helping us implement complex scenarios and produce predictable results for our customers.
- BSP and SDK development and integration
- Embedded software development for SoC, NPU and FPGA
- Linux integration, drivers development, white-box platforms integration
- Switching silicon and Network processor integration
- Wide range of Layer 2, Layer3 Protocol Stack development (Ethernet, LLDP, VLAN, MPLS, BGP, RSTP, OSPF, etc.)
- Overlay network protocols implementation (VXLAN, GRE, NVGRE)
- Third party network stack protocols integration (Quagga, OpenSwitch, MetaSwitch, Aricent)
- Hardware offloading and VNF acceleration (DPDK, SR-IOV)
- Network operating system integration and development (OvS, OVN, OCP, SAI, FBOSS, SONiC, OpenSwitch, Linux Switchdev)
- South-bound interface development and integration (P4 Runtime, OpenFlow, SNMP, NETCONF, OVSDB)
- North-bound API and Cloud integration; management and orchestration (OpenStack, OPNFV, Kubernetes, Azure)
- SDN application and controller development (OpenDaylight, ONOS, CORD)
Who we are
PLVision is a European custom software solution provider specialized in Embedded Systems and Computer Networking. Acting as an innovation engine for networking connectivity, we enable our customers to meet the challenges of tomorrow with their future-ready high tech products and to deal with the pressures of complexity, time and quality.
Our customers include the world’s leading hardware manufacturers and software providers in the Networking domain, including Fortune 500®, Fortune 100®, and Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ companies, as well as innovative startups.
Start your product acceleration journey today!
Contact us to request a fast and free assessment of your product's roadmap.