DPDK is a user-space software library that provides considerable speed improvements via:
- Avoiding latency caused by copying through kernel space
- Replacing interrupts with polling
- Using HW-optimized features (batch mode, SSE, NUMA).
Having preserved full functionality of Ostinato in this implementation, we have been able to achieve the following traffic improvements:
- 10G full rate TX on any packet size
- 10G full rate TX/RX on packet size starting from 128B
- 10G full rate RX/Capture on packet size starting from 256B.